It's September 27, 1998, and McGwire has just sent a pitch from the Expos'™ rookie right-hander Carl Pavano over the leftfield wall for home run No. 70. The 3-run, seventh-inning drive snaps a 3-3 tie and lifts St. Louis to a 6-3 season-ending victory. It is McGwire's final at-bat of the year and caps a remarkable weekend that began with McGwire and Sammy Sosa of the Cubs™ tied at 66 in baseball's greatest ever home run derby. McGwire took care of that with 2 homers on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday. "I have no words to describe what he has done this season," Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said. "He has given us moment after moment."
- Artist's name: Bill Purdom
- Dimensions: 18 in x 33 in
- Release Date: 1998
- Edition size: 700
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection