It's October 8, 1956, in the South Bronx, and Mantle is about to run down and backhand Gil Hodges' one-out, 400-foot drive in Death Valley. The Pinstripers' 2-0 victory enables them to sweep the 3 series games at The Stadium. They'll lose Game 6 in Brooklyn before notching a 9-0 rout in Game 7 to win the World Championship. For Mantle, 24, the catch caps a terrific season in which he hit .353, connected for 52 home runs and drove in 130 runs to win the Triple Crown and his league's MVP award.
- Artist's name: Andy Jurinko
- Dimensions: 31 in x 20 in
- Release Date: 1998
- Edition size: 777
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection