Through the 28th of the September, Ruth had walloped 14 homers in the month for a total of 57 on the season. Now, with three games remaining against the Washington Senators at Yankee Stadium, Ruth had a chance to break his record. And he did, first belting two homers on September 29, and then the record-breaker the following day. It's the bottom of the 8th inning here, 9/30/27, Mark Koenig on third, the game tied 2-2. The count is 1-1 as Ruth turns on a fastball from southpaw Tom Zachary and drives it deep into the right field seats. Sixty home runs! It is a single-season record that will stand until 1961 and Roger Maris.
- Artist's name: William Feldman
- Dimensions: 20 in x 31 in
- Release Date: 1995
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection