As McGwire circled the bases at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Sosa, who had 58 homers at the time, applauded from his position in right field. Then, after emerging from the dugout for a curtain call, McGwire saluted his father, Maris' children and Sosa. Later, after Sosa singled, he embraced the St. Louis first baseman. "I told him congratulations, don't go too far. Wait for Me." It was a friendly request by Sosa, who was listening before the game when McGwire said: "Wouldn't it be great if we just ended up tied?" Sosa and McGwire actually were tied for the home run lead after play on Sept. 13 (62), Sept. 16 (63), Sept. 23 (65), and Sept. 25 (66), when Sosa actually held the lead for just under an hour.
- Artist's name: Bill Purdom
- Dimensions: 21 5/8 in x 29 5/8 in
- Release date: 1998
- Edition size: 610
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection