Mike Piazza had joined the Mets a month before; the Yanks were on a record-breaking victory pace, and "Baseball Fever" was alive and well. "LET'S go YANK-ees" - "LET'S GO METS!" "LET'S go YANK-ees" - "LET'S GO METS!" Al Leiter uncorks the game's first pitch to Chuck Knoblauch and we're underway. The Yankees would win this one, 8-4 on a big home run by Paul O'Neill to up their record to 54-19. The Mets still hung just 6 1/2 behind Atlanta. Alas, there would be no subway series in '98, but this was one of those special nights of a very special year for New York City baseball.
- Artist's name: Thomas Kolendra
- Dimensions: 15 in x 36 in
- Release date: 1999
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection