In 1989, at the age of 42, he led the American League with 301 strikeouts. He repeated the feat a year later with 232 Ks. On June 11, 1990, at the age of 43, he no-hit Oakland. On May 1, 1991, at 44, he no-hit Toronto. Ryan made his first major league appearance in 1966, at the age of 19. He remained with the Mets through 1971, with the Angels through 1979, with the Astros through 1988 and with the Rangers through 1993, finally retiring at the age of 46. Special, indeed. Note: Interestingly, all 4 Ryan franchises came on the scene via expansion in the '60s - the Los Angeles (later California) Angels and Washington Senators (later the Texas Rangers) in 1961 and the New York Mets and Houston Colt 45s (later Astros) in 1962.
- Artist's name: Bill Williams
- Dimensions: 20 in x 31 in
- Release date: 1995
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection