He set the stage by tying Ruth's record of 714 in Cincinnati, on Opening Day of the '74 season. Then, 4 days later and in front of a hometown crowd of 53,775 and an estimated 35 million television viewers, the Braves' slugger delivered the record-breaker. Aaron had walked in his first at-bat of the game, drawing an explosion of boos. But in the fourth inning, with Darrell Evans on first, Aaron took a 1-0 pitch out of the yard. The Braves erased a 3-1 deficit with 4 runs in the inning and went on to a 7-4 victory. Other players visible are C Joe Ferguson, 3B Ron Cey, SS Bill Russell and LF Bill Buckner.
- Artist's name: Bill Purdom
- Dimensions: 21 5/8 in x 29 5/8 in
- Release date: 1997
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection