DiMaggio's streak finally ended the following night at Cleveland Stadium, thanks largely to two sensational plays by Indians third baseman Ken Keltner. But The Streak (56 hits) lives, and many insist it will never be broken. It began on May 15 and didn't end until DiMaggio had collected 91 hits in 223 at-bats (.408), including 16 doubles, four triples and 15 homers. He drove in 55 runs and scored 55 in the span and went on to hit .357 for the season and win the American League MVP Award over Ted Williams, whose batting average that year was a mere .406.
- Artist's name: William Feldman
- Dimensions: 18 in x 33 in
- Release date: 1994
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection