Jackie, hitting second in the order behind Eddie Stanky, will be retired in his next two at-bats before participating in a 3-run, seventh-inning rally that will lift Brooklyn to a 5-3 victory. Robinson's sacrifice bunt led to a throwing error by 1B Earl Torgeson, allowing Jackie to reach second and then score on a double by Pete Reiser. Robinson played first base in the game, as he did through the entire season. He went on to hit .297, with 125 runs scored and a league-leading 29 stolen bases, 15 more than Reiser, the runnerup. For his efforts, Robinson was named baseball's first Rookie of the Year.
- Artist's name: Bill Purdom
- Dimensions: 29 5/8 in x 21 5/8 in
- Release date: 1997
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection