"For the first 60 feet," Spahn supposedly mused, "it was a hell of a pitch." Mays had been summoned to the Giants a few days earlier and had gone 0-for-12 in a series against the Phils in Philadelphia. After this solo HR off Spahn, he went hitless in his next 14 at-bats, but it hardly mattered to Giants' manager Leo Durocher, who knew talent when he saw it. Spahn, 30, will go on to post his third straight 20-plus win season en route to a 363-win Hall of Fame career. Walker Cooper is Boston's catcher.
- Artist's name: Bill Purdom
- Dimensions: 29 5/8 in x 21 5/8 in
- Release date: 1995
- Edition size: 600
- Hand numbered and signed by the artist
- From an original painting
- This lithograph is shipped in a heavy-duty cardboard tube for protection