Product Description & Features
- 50% polyester/25% cotton/25% rayon
- Short sleeve mid-V triblend t-shirt
- Features "SALUTE THE CAPTAIN" screen print at front chest
- Features the Derek Jeter Commorative logo in tonal screen print at left sleeve
- Nike swoosh trademark at left chest
- Officially Licensed by Major League Baseball
There have been only 11 officially recognized captains in the entire history of the New York Yankees franchise. On June 3rd, 2003 George Steinbrenner named the 11th and current Captain of the New York Yankees, Derek Jeter. Jeter's commitment to the New York Yankees (the only MLB team he has played for during his entire career) has earned him the spot as THE CAPTAIN, his now longstanding nickname. The June product drop celebrates Jeter's accomplishment of becoming the 11th captain of the New York Yankees. The Salute the Captain tee features a hand drawn Statue of Liberty raising her Yankees hat in respect, executed with a reflective application and bold soft hand screen type "Salute The Captain" on a men's (short-sleeve cotton crew) and women's tee (short-sleeve tri-blend mid-v).