Product Description & Features
- An extraordinary compilation of baseball history, individual intensity, and the unbridled joy of the game
- SIX DVDS, SIX GAME BROADCAST, 3 PERFECT GAMES, 3 NO-HITTERS
- This remarkable collection features the quintessential masterpiece - Don Larsen's 1956 World Series - Perfect Game. Plus, for the first time the game's radio play-by-play as an alternative audio track!
- DISC 1: October 8, 1956& - Don Larsen's Perfect Game, 1956 World Series Game 5: This remarkable record is a time-capsule of baseball from a different era. Stunning, riveting - perfect -- with play-by play from Mel Allen, Vin Scully, and a bonus audio track - Bob Wolff's radio call.
- DISC 2: July 4, 1983 - July 4, 1983 - Dave Righetti's No-hitter: Righetti's no-hit gem in the sweltering heat against the rival Boston Red Sox sparkled like an Independence Day fireworks display.
- DISC 3: September 4, 1993 - Jim Abbott's No-hitter: Of all the no-hitters ever thrown at Yankee Stadium, perhaps none was more unforeseen or inspirational.
- DISC 4: May 14, 1996 - Dwight Gooden's No-hitter: His improbable no-hitter punctuated his remarkable return to Baseball and the city he had electrified a decade earlier setting an historic Yankees season into motion.
- DISC 5: May 17, 1998 - David Wells' Perfect Game: On an equally perfect spring Sunday, David Wells, a lover of baseball history, made history as he became the 15th man to pitch a perfect game.
- DISC 6: July 18, 1999 - David Cone's Perfect Game: The perfect final disc: The day began with a perfect salute to the past as Don Larsen threw the ceremonial first pitch to Yogi Berra. The day ended with David Cone finishing the third perfect game at Yankee Stadium - another intersection of Yankees heroics past and present.
- Special Features:Abbott/Righetti Feature, Wells/Larsen/Cone Feature, Don Larsen on his Perfect Game in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series, Dwight Gooden on his 1996 No-hitter, David Wells on his 1998 Perfect Game, David Cone on his 1999 Perfect Game, Dwight Gooden Day Ceremony at City Hall in 1996, David Wells Day Ceremony at City Hall in 1998
Country Of Origin: United States