Product Description & Features
Relive the return to glory as the Los Angeles Lakers take on Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics in a legendary 1984-85 NBA Finals match up. Experience the excitement of the Lakers' historic ninth NBA Championship in this action-packed 7-disc DVD collector's set. You get all six games, each in its entirety and original broadcast form, plus a thrilling year-end recap featuring sizzling highlights and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.
Note: Not for sale outside the US and Canada.
- Full Screen
- Format: DVD
- Media Quantity: 7
- Genre: Special Interest, Sports-Themed
- Rating: NR
- Runtime: 720 min
- Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
- Original Product Release Date: 03/27/2007
- Game 1: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar personally apologizes to his Lakers teammates following the Game One loss for his sub-par performance in what is dubbed "The Memorial Day Massacre."
- Game 2: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar bounces back big time with 30 points and 17 rebounds to help the Lakers steal Game Two on the parquet floors of Boston Garden.
- Game 3: The Lakers return to the fabulous Forum and hand the fans a victory. With 26 points, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar makes history by becoming the NBA's all-time leading playoff scorer.
- Game 4: After a second half surge, Lakers fans go wild when Magic Johnson grabs a clutch rebound and sinks a jumper to tie the game at 105 with 19 seconds remaining. Boston pulls it out in a squeaker.
- Game 5: In the second quarter, Coach Pat Riley makes a bold defensive switch, putting Kurt Rambis on Boston's Robert Parish. The Lakers immediately go on a 14-3 run before halftime and emerge victorious.
- Game 6: The Lakers win their ninth NBA title and become the first opposing team to win an NBA championship at the Boston Garden. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is named MVP.
- YEAR ENDER SYNOPSIS It was the rematch of the decade, and a rivalry for the ages. For a second straight season, these perennial powerhouses were set to do battle once again for the NBA Championship. Determined to avenge their heartbreaking NBA Finals loss to Boston just one year earlier, the Lakers refused to be denied in this ultimate clash of the titans.
Country of Origin: United States