Product Description & Features
- The "Golden Age" of Cleveland baseball under owner Bill Veeck is celebrated in this collectible DVD featuring one of the most star-studded pitching staffs in Major League Baseball history.
- All the glory of the Cleveland Indians® 1948 World Series® Championship is now digitally preserved on this official DVD.
- The Cleveland Indians under player-manager and 1948 American League® MVP Lou Boudreau had superb hitting, but it was the pitching that led the way.
li>Veterans Bob Feller and Bob Lemon were joined by a pair of unlikely rookies: knuckleballer Gene Bearden and, at 42 years of age, the oldest Major League Baseball® rookie ever, Satchel Paige (with his 1,500 Negro League victories).
- After defeating the Boston Red Sox in a one-game playoff to decide the pennant, the Indians took on the Boston Braves.
- Over the first four games Cleveland's pitching registered a 0.75 ERA, and sparked by the hitting of Larry Doby, the Indians won their first championship since 1920.
- Bonus Film: In the glistening new Jacobs Field, the 1995 Indians team relied on overwhelming offense and a pitching staff with a league-leading ERA. Wahoo! What A Finish celebrates the dramatic come-from-behind victories that rocked "The Jake."
Country Of Origin: United States