Product Description & Features
George Brett the slugging third baseman for the Kansas City Royals was the American League batting champion in 3 different decades (1976,80,90) George was also named MVP in 1980 and led the Royals to a World Series title in 1985. Brett is remembered for his role in the "Pine Tar Incident" which took place on July 23, 1983 between the Royals an the Yankees.
- Brett stepped to the plate in the top of the sixth and drove a "Goose" Gossage pitch to the right field stands.
- After closer examination, the game winning homerun was disallowed due to an MLB rule that stated the pine tar could not be an excess of 18 inches from the end of the bat.
- Brett retired in 1993 with a career batting average of .305, scattering 3,154 hits and driving in 1,595 runs.
- He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999.
- The 16x20 photo is personally hand signed by George Brett. Officially licensed and authenticated by Major League Baseball.
- Comes with a hologram and from Mounted Memories.
Country of Origin: United States